Tuesday, August 4, 2015

And our sympathies to the Chicago Reader......

So, Raye will not be begging again for two weeks, right?  Wrong.  She had Hobie do it for her.  See previous post.  


Message to Chicago Reader!!
Posted By: Rayelan [Send E-Mail]
Date: Tuesday, 4-Aug-2015 10:23:42

The $80.00 arrived yesterday. And I did exactly what you said, :"Please use this for groceries."
It's amazing how expensive food is getting. Everything I bought was on sale or 10 for $10.00. I spent $76.00 and brought home 4 bags. Sigh!! I bought the staples, bread, milk and eggs.. plus raisin bran. I practically live on raisin bran. It's the only dry cereal that I like. I've been this way since I can remember.
I also bought oatmeal and pancake mix. I should be set for a while. I do have a few items on the pantry shelves and if I can cleverly combine things, I should be able to make some corn fritattas... these are quiches without crusts. Once I bake them, I can cut them into pieces and freeze them.
I've never thought I was much of a cook, but because I either cook or go hungry, I've discovered that I actually can cook things that are quite tasty. I have the basic items, flour, sugar and oil. I bought those last shopping trip.
I made a lemon cake from scratch and I made lemon pudding to go on top instead of frosting. It was delicious. I still have some in the freezer. Both the cake and the pudding were from scratch.
What I have done a few times is put the food I have in the pantry in to a search engine and find recipes for what I have on hand. It's a good thing I don't eat meat. If I did I would never afford to eat.
Thank you again Chicago reader for the $80.00. I figure that what I bought should last me at least two weeks, hopefully longer. Bless you for hearing my plea.
Many thanks and many blessings are flowing your way!!
Raye




4 comments:

  1. Right, greedy Rayelan has an income of $7000 per month, yet she cannot afford to eat. A picture of her whale like physique
    says she is a liar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sskids, at the very least, she lies. The question is, as with all of her kind, does she know there is a difference between the truth and a lie.

      Delete
  2. Income in the mail and in cash, that is the best kind because I am sure she does not report that cash to the taxing authorities. She is probably angling for more such cash donations, hurry Rubes send Raye 5 twenty dollar bills and you might get acknowledged in a post too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alexa Traffic Ranks
    How is this site ranked relative to other sites?


    Global Rank
    Global rank icon 70,724 6,202
    Rank in United States
    United States Flag 20,332
    Alexa Traffic Ranks
    The global and country traffic ranks show how popular a site is relative to other sites.

    Learn more about Alexa's Data
    Traffic Metrics FAQs
    Unique Visitors and Pageviews
    The number of people who visit this site and the number of pages they view. Site owners who install the Alexa Certify Code on their website can choose to display their Certified Metrics, such as Monthly Unique Visitors and Pageviews, if they wish. For other sites, we display the estimated number of unique visitors from up to 6 countries, when sufficient data is available (Advanced plans only).

    Learn more about Certified Metrics
    Certified Site Metrics FAQs
    Audience Geography
    The audience geography data describes where visitors to this site over the past month are located, and how the site is ranked in popular countries. If a country is not listed, it is because Alexa does not have enough data for this site to rank/measure the site's popularity among that country's online population. These metrics are updated monthly.

    Monthly Unique Visitor Metrics
    Past 30 Days — Last Updated August 04, 2015

    ReplyDelete